Wine Harlots are gearing up for our favorite awards show The Golden Globes, where the Champagne flows freely, and thus anything can happen, and oftentimes does. The hosts for the 70th annual awards are the sublime Amy Poehler and Tina Fey, who in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter observed, “When you get a bunch of people in a room who don’t eat much, and you give them one drink, it gets good fast.” And getting your favorite actors good fast is courtesy of Moët & Chandon, who have been the official Champagne of the Golden Globes for 21 years. The wine that will be flowing with be Moët & Chandon Imperial, and Fey and Poehler have a few drinking game suggestions that will have you as tipsy as the award winners.
- Drink any time an actress cries during a speech
- Drink any time you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage
- Drink any time someone says, “I didn’t prepare anything!”
- Any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein, eat a meatball submarine.
- Take off an article of clothing anytime they show Judi Dench or when Maggie Smith wins.